Wydział Elektroniki i Telekomunikacji

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Erasmus > Information Package

Formalities on arrival


Entry conditions for third-country nationals under visa obligation

Third-country nationals are allowed to enter and stay in Poland, if they are in a possession of one of the following titles:

  • uniform short-stay Schengen visa (C) valid for stays of no more than 90 days per period of 180 days
  • Polish long-stay national visa (D)
  • Polish residence permit
  • residence permit or national long-stay visa issued by another Schengen State.

If you are a third country national student you do not have right to cross the borders with other EU member states without their visas.

It is a common practice that as a student you will receive from Polish embassies a country visa, not a Schengen visa. You can apply in your country of origin for Schengen visa but it is a long procedure. Usually the validity of visa is from 3 to 6 months. You can find on your visa number of days you can stay in Poland from the date of your arrival.

To legalize your stay in Poland you must apply for the Card of Temporary Residency in Poland. Holders of residence permits (and national long-stay visas - D) issued by one of the Schengen States are allowed to travel within the Schengen area during a maximum three months in any half year.

Application procedure for the Card of Temporary Residency

The residence card procedure takes 45 working days - you have to begin with the whole procedure 45 days before the last day of your legal stay in Poland.

When applying for the Card of Temporary Residency in Urząd Wojewódzki w Poznaniu, Wydział Spraw Obywatelskich i Cudzoziemców, pl. (square) Wolności 17, room.16, 61-739 Poznań (Wielkopolska - Civil Administration, Department of Citizens and Foreigners Affairs) you need following documents:

  • application form which you get in Urząd Wojewódzki (original + 3 copies)
  • two copies of your passport
  • zameldowanie - accommodation registration (from dormitory administration)
  • a confirmation of your students status (from FE&T dean’s office)
  • information that you have financial resources (from the bank, sponsors) to study in Poland
  • medical insurance
  • 4 passport type photos (3,5 cm x 4,5 cm)
Last Updated on Monday, 04 April 2011 21:43  


Hot News

Research Guide - Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications